Friday, July 14, 2017

Xhaiden 1

Have I mentioned before that Dom's bathroom in the hospital is cleaned by a robot? It is plopped in the bathroom, the door is closed and it emits UV light like a strobe and zaps away the germs.

The staff named it Xhaiden 1, which means: cleansing beam of light. I find it adorable that a squat little robot is zapping the germs away with a cleansing beam of light.

I also find it symbolic. What else can I do but ponder the cleansing beam of light in my own life, as daily my own spirituality comes into sharper focus, and daily I must allow things to fall away that do not serve. Though really, nothing is here to serve me, rather I am here to serve. More importantly, daily, I ask for the good to come, and the nasties to go away. I envision very uncomfortable microscopic invader creatures being pushed out both by the chemo and by the cleansing beam of light. I envision the light; it is stronger than any rebellious cells. It is clearing out that which aims to destroy, and making all things new and whole.

I am grateful for this tangible reminder rolling throughout the halls, and visiting us.


No comments: